- Borbudakis M. Icons of Cretan school. From Handaka to Moscow and St. Petersburg. Heraklion, Vikelaia Municipal Library, 2004. 589 p. (in Greek).
- Borisova T.S. Newly revealed icon “Monastery of Zosimas and Savvaty of Solovky with their Lives” from the Dormition cathedral of the Moscow Kremlin, Old Russian Art. Researches and Attributions, St. Petersburg, Dmitrii Bulanin, 1997, pp. 310–324 (in Russian).
- Faith and Power. The Age of Ivan the Terrible: Exhibition Catalogue. Samoilova T.E. ed. Moscow, Azbuka, 2007. 248 p. (in Russian).
- Evseeva L.M., Komashko N.I., Krasilin M.M.. History of icon painting. 6th–20th centuries. Moscow, Art-Bmb, 2002. 288 p. (in Russian).
- Guide Book to Dionisii’s Wall Paintings of 1502 in the Nativity of the Virgin Temple of Ferapontov Monas-tery. Shelkova E.N. ed. Moscow, Severnyi palomnik, 2005. 152 p. (in Russian).
- Icons of the Dormition Cathedral of the Moscow Kremlin of the 11th – Early 15th Centuries: Catalogue. Moscow, Severnyi palomnik, 2007. 256 p. (in Russian).
- Icons of the Sergiev Posad Museum-reserve. Recent Acquisitions and Restoration Discoveries: Catalogue. Sergiev Posad, Sergievo-Posadskii gos. istoriko-khudozhestvennyi muzei-zapovednik, 1996. 140 p. (in Russian).
- Icons of Vladimir and Suzdal: Catalogue. Moscow, Severnyi palomnik, 2006. 576 p. (in Russian).
- Ignashina E.V., Komarova Iu.B. Russian icon of the 11th – 19th centuries in the collection of the Novgorod Museum: exhibition guide. Moscow, Severnyi palomnik, 2004. 164 p. (in Russian).
- Inventories of the Solovki Monastery of the 16th Century: Commented Edition. Mil’chik M.I. ed. St. Petersburg, Dmitrii Bulanin, 2003. 357 p. (in Russian).
- Jungić J. Joachimist Prophecies in Sebastiano del Piombo’s Borgherini Chapel and Raphael’s Transfigura-tion. Journal of the Warburg and Courtauld Institutes, 1988, vol. 51, pp. 66–83.
- King C. The Liturgical and Commemorative Allusions in Raphael’s Transfiguration and Failure to Heal. Journal of the Warburg and Courtauld Institutes, 1982, vol. 45, pp. 148–159.
- Kvlividze N.V. Procession of Venerable and Life-Giving Cross. Constantinople relics in the Russian ico-nography. Relics in the Art and Culture of the East Christian World: Abstracts and Materials of the Interna-tional Symposium. Lidov A.M. ed. Moscow, Radonitsa, 2000, pp. 85–87 (in Russian).
- Maiasova N.A. Icon from the Solovki Islands: the Virgin Bogoliubskaia with Lives of Zosimas and Savvatiy, 1545. Leningrad, Avrora, 1970. 40 p. (in Russian).
- Mel’nik A.G. Architectural complex of the Solovky monastery of the 15th–17th centuries. Yaroslavl’, Tipo-grafiia IaGTU, 2000. 200 p. (in Russian).
- Novgorod. Art Treasures and Architectural Monuments of the 11th–18th Centuries. Architecture, Frescoes, Archeological Artifacts, Minor Arts, Icons, Illustrated Manuscripts. Leningrad, Avrora, 1984. 305 p.
- Preserved Relics of the Solovki Monastery. Shchennikova L.A. ed. Moscow, Belyi bereg, 2003. 196 p. (in Russian).
- Russian Icons in the Collection of Michael de Buar (Elizavetin). Komashko N.I., Preobrazhenskii A.S., Smirnova E.S. eds. Moscow, PriPress International Ltd., 2009. 368 p. (in Russian).
- The Saint Rus’: Exhibition Catalogue. Petrova E.N., Solov’eva I.D. eds. St. Petersburg, Palace Editions, 2011. 496 p. (in Russian).
- Sarab’ianov V.D. Symbolic and allegoric icons of the Annunciation cathedral and their influence on the art of the 16th century. The Annunciation Cathedral of the Moscow Kremlin. Materials and Researches. Moscow, Gosudarstvennyi istoriko-kul’turnyi muzei-zapovednik “Moskovskii Kreml”, 1999, pp. 164–217 (in Russian).
- Shalina I.A. The chapel of Nativity of the Virgin in St. Sophia cathedral in Novgorod the Great. Moscow, Severnyi Palomnik, 2001. 30 p. (in Russian).
- Shalina I.A. Ikonostasis of the chapel of Nativity of the Virgin in St. Sophia cathedral. Moscow, IP SIV, 2011. 76 p. (in Russian).
- Shalina I.A. Icons from the Novgorod Antoniev monastery of the second quarter – middle of the 16th cen-tury in collection of Russian State Museum. Novgorod and Novgorod Land. Art and Restoration. Novgorod, Perviy IPH Llc, 2011, vol. 4, pp. 194–220 (in Russian).
- Shalina I.A. Relics in the East Christian iconography. Moscow, Indrik, 2005. 536 p. (in Russian).
- Shchennikova L.A. Questions raised in studying the icons of the Solovky monastery. Old Russian Art. Ar-tistic Heritage of the Russian North, Moscow, Nauka, 1989, pp. 261–275 (in Russian).
- Smirnova E.S. Newly revealed Novgorodian icon of the second quarter of the 15th century in the private collection and the question of the Old Testament’s motives in the iconography of Transfiguration. The Art of the Christian World, 2007, vol. 10, pp. 290–348 (in Russian).
- Sorokatiy V.M. Iconostasis of the Novgorod church of Ss. Peter and Paul in Kozhevniki. Old Russian Art. Researches and Attributions. Saint-Petersburg, Dmitriy Bulanin, 1997, vol. 2, pp. 286–309 (in Russian).
- Sorokatyi V.M. Building of churches and iconostasis’ in Novgorod the Great in the mid- and late 16th century. Old Russian Art. Russian Art of the Late Middle Ages: 16th Century. St. Petersburg, Dmitrii Bulanin, pp. 237–268 (in Russian).
- Vardavaki-Aspra M., Emmanuel M. The Monastery of Pantanassa in Mistra. The wall paintings of the 15th century. Athens, Commercial Bank of Greece, 2005. 352 p. (in Greek).
- “Worshiping Your All-Pure Image”, Image of the Theotokos in the Art Works of the State Russian Museum Collection: Catalogue. Pivovarova N.V. ed. Saint-Petersburg, Palace Editions, 1995. 350 p. (in Russian).
- Yaroslavl’ Icons of the 13th – Mid 17th Centuries. Moscow, Severnyi palomnik, 2009. Vol. 1. 578 p. (in Russian).